Collaborating with Community Based Organizations and Faith Based Communities to Address Human Trafficking
Title: Collaborating with Community Based Organizations and Faith Based Communities to Address Human Trafficking
Date: Tuesday, May 24th, 2016, 10:00-11:30 am PST
- Watch the recording here:
Section 1 – Introduction to collaboration, overview of human trafficking and intersection with domestic violence and sexual assault. (15 Minutes)
Section 2 – Collaborating with community and faith based communities. (27 minutes)
Section 3 – Collaborating with survivors and questions and answers. (17 Minutes)
- View the Power Point slides
- Captioning script available here
- Additional resources are available here for this webinar.
Community and faith-based organizations have historically played a key role in raising awareness, mobilizing the public, and creating political will among policy-makers to take action on important social issues such as human trafficking. This webinar will address key strategies and recommendations on Effective Collaboration with Community Based Organizations and Faith Based Communities to Address Human Trafficking. Presenters will also share their experiences, lessons learned, and promising practices.
As a result of this webinar you will be better able to:
- Identify strategies for collaboration among DV/SA service providers, community based organizations and faith-based communities to support survivors/victims of human trafficking who have experience domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Define roles and differentiate goals of service providers and community-based organizations in addressing human trafficking.
- Engage community based organizations to support and share the work on anti-human trafficking efforts.
- Kiricka Yarbough Smith, Consultant
- Perla Flores, Community Solutions
Facilitator: Elena Dineen, Futures Without Violence