Supporting Organizational Sustainability to Address Violence Against Women Institute (SOS INSTITUTE)
September 5-7, 2013, San Francisco, California. Apply Now!
Presented by: U. S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women (OVW), in partnership with Futures Without Violence.
The SOS Institute is an interactive 2.5-day training and six-month follow up support on action plans to enhance organizational infrastructure and provide institutional sustainability support for community based organizations working with underrepresented and underserved populations.
- Utilize individual and organizational resiliency as a framework to build organizational sustainability.
- Empower staff to participate in organizational development and sustainability.
- Clarify and incorporate core values to your mission, short, and long term goals.
- Resolve organizational infrastructure challenges to align with your mission and core values.
- Create planning processes that connect daily workloads with long term goals.
- Prepare organizational protocols for constructive communication and conflict resolution.
- Initiate and engage in meaningful, reciprocal collaboration.
- Promote better partnership between executive director and board of directors.
- Build organizational culture that supports organizational sustainability.
- Create a development plan and budget for organizational sustainability.
- Produce an action plan to apply lessons learned and enhance your organization’s sustainability.
Application deadline is July 8, 2013.
For additional information please e-mail Monica Arenas at: firstname.lastname@example.org.