National Conference on Health & Domestic Violence
The 6th Biennial National Conference on Health and Domestic Violence provides valuable professional education on the latest research and innovative health prevention and clinical responses to domestic violence. The Conference will be held March 30-31, 2012 with Pre-Conference Institutes on March 29th.
Join us in San Francisco! Conference registration is now open!
Visit www.NCHDV.org to take advantage of discounted early registration rates and a discounted hotel rate at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel.
The Conference offers more than 11 in-depth pre-conference institutes, 70 workshop sessions, 5 plenaries and keynote speakers.
Pre-conference institutes featuring:
- Building healthy teen relationships
- Collaborating for safety: coordinating the military and civilian response to intimate partner violence
- Building capacity to address trauma and mental health
- Academic career development for research and education on violence
- Advancing health system change and strengthening community partnerships in American Indian/Alaska Native communities
- And more!
Two-day conference featuring workshop sessions and plenaries on topics such as:
- Science of prevention and resiliency
- New developments in health policy responses to abuse
- Impact of violence on reproductive and sexual health
- Promising practices in responding to childhood exposure to abuse
- And more!
Continuing Education Units (CEU): Futures Without Violence’s National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Futures Without Violence is also seeking continuing education units for nurses, social workers, and psychologists.
Visit www.NCHDV.org to register and learn more.
The National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence is funded by the Administration on Children, Youth and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.