That’s Not Cool Launches Ambassadors Program
We’re looking for a few good teens to join us as official That’s Not Cool Ambassadors. This is a unique opportunity to raise awareness on an issue that affects friends, family, and the community at large while having some fun in the process.
That’s Not Cool uses examples of pressure and control that occur in the digital world (online and via cell phone) to encourage young people to draw their own lines about what’s okay, or not okay, in relationships. Members of the That’s Not Cool Ambassadors team will gain valuable experience, national exposure, and meaningfully contribute to this award-winning initiative. Ambassador posts are open to boys and girls, age 13-19.
As a That’s Not Cool Ambassador, you’ll have the opportunity to
- Provide valuable feedback on new concepts for That’s Not Cool.
- Organize activities to raise awareness of digital dating abuse and That’s Not Cool.
- Contribute your unique voice through blog posts, social media, videos, etc.
- Engage with other Ambassadors from across the country.
- Add skills and experience to your resume.
Ambassadors must be:
- Collaborative and flexible, enthusiastic, and energetic.
- Available for occasional conference calls. Reachable via e-mail or Facebook and phone.
- Strong leaders.
- Interested in online social networking.
How can I become a That’s Not Cool Ambassador?
Please answer the following questions (max 300 words per question) by email to:
email@example.com or Facebook message (page name: “That’s Not Cool”) with the subject line “That’s Not Cool Ambassador Program”.
We will contact you following your submission.
Please note that all That’s Not Cool Ambassadors commit to working with us for one year.
- Age, & grade in school?
- Where do you live?
- What school do you attend?
- Are you male or female?
- Why are you interested in becoming a That’s Not Cool Ambassador? If selected, what unique characteristics and skills would you bring to the program?
- What is one thing you like about That’s Not Cool, and what is one thing that you would change about it?
- What ideas do you have to bring attention to That’s Not Cool and the issue of digital abuse overall in your school and/or community?
- As part of the That’s Not Cool Ambassadors Program, we will ask you to recruit 2 - 3 friends to help you plan and carry out your activities. Please list the names of those friends who could be on your That’s Not Cool team if selected. They will be That’s Not Cool Ambassadors with you!