Avon Communications Award Winners Announced
Announcing the Winners of the Avon Communications Awards Here at Futures, we love recognizing the groundbreaking work that others do to combat gender-based violence. And when we get to recognize five organizations at the same time, we are overjoyed!
Today, five organizations were recognized at the prestigious 2nd Avon Communications Awards: Speaking Out About Violence Against Women. Actress and Avon Foundation for Women Ambassador Salma Hayek Pinault awarded the recipients during an event at the 57th session of the Commission of the Status of Women at the United Nations.
The awards—which recognize outstanding communications campaigns that are helping change communities, policies, institutions, and behaviors to end violence against women—include a grant to fund the continuation of the winning campaigns. To be eligible for an award, organizations submitted material the Communications X-Change, a digital library that is managed by Futures and funded by Avon Foundation for Women.
Of the more than 425 submissions by 116 organizations in 46 different countries, an international panel of judges selected the following winners:
- Innovative Campaign Award: Bytes for All (Pakistan) – “Take back the Tech!”
- Break the Silence Award: EngenderHealth (Tanzania) – “Champion Project”
- Community Change Award: Equal Access (Nepal) - “Voices – Samajhdari”
- X-Change Award for Outstanding Government Communication: State Service for Youth and Sports & International Women’s Rights Center ‘La Strada’ (Ukraine) - “Stop Violence”
- Global Award for Excellence in Communication Award: PCI Media Impact (Peru) - “Strong Women, Strong Voices”