Supporting Organizational Sustainability Training
The Supporting Organizational Sustainability to Address Violence Against Women Institute (SOS Institute) offers an interactive, multi-day training to help U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women grantees enhance their programming organizational infrastructure.
Started in 2010, the SOS Institute has a national focus, targeting community-based organizations responding to all forms of violence against women, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, and trafficking. Specifically, the SOS Institute seeks to work with organizations that are focused on improving response and services to victims and survivors from underserved and underrepresented populations.
SOS Institute Goal
The overarching goal of the SOS Institute is to provide participants with core organizational competency through workshops, webinars, and tools that enhance their skills and improve their knowledge to maintain and sustain their organizations.
SOS Topic Areas on Organizational Development include (but are not limited to):
- Mission, core values, and organizational culture
- Planning for and addressing organizational growth, transitions and change
- Tools for board recruitment, development and engagement
- Funding strategies & budgeting to support organizational strengths and assets
- Staff leadership ability, professional growth, and wellness
- Communication, both internal and external
- Collaboration to maximize and share resources
- Action planning for future organizational development
Two SOS Institutes and several webinars will be offered in the next two years.
For information, resources, or technical assistance support, please contact Futures Without Violence, Attention: Mónica Arenas, E-mail: email@example.com
Webinars on Organizational Capacity Building Organized by FUTURES:
- Succession Planning Within Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Organizations
- Compassion Fatigue & Self-Care for Individuals and Organizations
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- The Benefits of Mentorship: Empower, Lead, Succeed in Organizations Serving Survivors of Violence
- Navigating Fund Development Strategies During Transition
- Overview of Nonprofit Digital Strategy
- Assembling the Pieces: Tools to Build an Effective Board
- Measuring Trauma-Informed Practice: Tools for Organizations
- Secondary Traumatic Stress