November 21, 2013 Children's Team Webinar
Title: Better Coalitions: 8 Steps to Building and Maintaining Collaborative Networks that Support Our Children's Safety
Date & Time: November 21,2013 at 2:00 PM (ET) / 9:00 AM (HT)/ 10:00 AM (AKT)/ 11:00 AM (PT)/ 12:00 PM (MT)/ 1:00 PM (CT)
Download the flyer.
Description: This web conference will provide leaders with practical support for skillfully managing the dynamic tension that commonly arises when people collaborate and networks whose members have varying perspectives, skills, and mandates. Topics include: Collaborative structure and decision making; reclaibrating to identify and effectively frame opportunities for network members; and maintaining a network's vitality over time.
This webinar is presented by the Defending Childhood Initiative, in partnership with the Office on Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention and Futures Without Violence.
- Engage in discussions that highlight practical strategies to sustain effective partnerships
- Understand the major considerations of effective coalition building and identify techniques by which to address the needs, interests, strengths, and diversity of the membership as well as maintain vitality of the coalition’s goals and objectives.
- Problem-solve common turf issues that arise in collaborative work using a framework that limits the negative aspects of collaboration.
- Annie Lyles, Program Manager, Prevention Institute
- Ethleen Iron Cloud-Two Dogs, Native Streams Institute
Slides: Click Here
Recording: Click Here