March 18, 2013
Title: Good Solutions Solve Multiple Problems: Addressing the Links Between Multiple Forms of Violence
Date & Time: March 18, 2013, 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT (8:00 AM HST/ 10:00 AM AKDT/ 11:00 AM PDT/ 12:00 PM MDT/ 1:00 PM CDT)
Download the flyer.
Description: All violence is connected, and recognizing the links between different forms of violence can strengthen various prevention efforts. Some factors that make violence in homes more likely also operate at the neighborhood level, for example, and building resilience in young people can protect against both community violence and family violence. This webinar will describe how one type of violence can lead to other forms, and will present cross-cutting solutions that prevent childhood trauma and simultaneously address multiple forms of violence.
This webinar is presented by the Defending Childhood Initiative, in partnership with the Office on Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention and Futures Without Violence.
- Understand the linkages between various forms of violence in families, communities and society.
- Understand the unique drivers that have resulted in current approaches in addressing and responding to violence.
- Develop strategies for preventing multiple forms of violence in families, communities and society.
- Annie Lyles, Program Manager, Prevention Institute
- Xavier Morales, Program Manager, Prevention Institute
Slides: Click Here
Recording: Click Here
Survey: Clck Here
• Broadband Internet access – DSL, satellite, cable or other broadband server
• Color monitor
• Computer speakers/headphones or telephone to listen to audio. You may also listen to audio using your computer speakers or by using a phone to call the conference line.
• The latest Adobe® Flash® Player plugin for your browser. If you don't have the Flash plugin, you can get it here.
• Conduct a systems test: http://futureswithoutviolence.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Privacy and Confidentiality:
Futures Without Violence respects the privacy of all webinar participants. All personal information will remain confidential. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. Name, email and other information provided by a participant will be used appropriately to provide information on related activities including upcoming webinars and other events.
Questions? Please contact Alisha Benjamin.