May 3, 2013
Title: Group Work with Mothers Experiencing Domestic Violence and their Children in Wisconsin
Date & Time: May 3, 2013, 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST (8:00 AM - 9:30 AM HST/ 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM AKST/ 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM PST/ 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM MST/ 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM CST)
Description: Through the Growing Together Project of the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence, advocates in have been assessing the impact of domestic violence on mother-child bonds and developing culturally-specific approaches to bringing mothers and children together to rebuild their relationships. In this webinar, participants will learn what focus groups with battered mothers and children/youth exposed to domestic violence revealed about the impact of domestic abuse on family relationships. Two community-based conjoint support groups for mothers and children coping with the domestic violence will be presented.
This webinar is presented by the Family Violence Prevention & Services Program, Family & Youth Services Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Futures Without Violence.
- Learn about the impact of DV on parenting and mother-child relationships as reported by WCADV focus group participants
- Hear about the successes and challenges of creating new support and education groups in rural Wisconsin to strengthen bonds between first generation Mexican immigrant DV survivors and their acculturated teen sons and daughters
- Understand the evolution and outcomes of a ten-year project to strengthen relationships between battered mothers and their children in an urban environment
- Ann Brickson, the Children and Youth Porgram Coordinator for the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
- Andrea Oyuela, the Coordinator of the Hispanic Outreach Program at the Women's Community of Wasau, WI.
- Jessica Trauth, the Associate Director of Shelter Services for the Sojourner Family Peace Center.
This webinar has taken place. Details regarding the slides and webinar recording are below.
Slides: To view, please click here.
Webinar Recording: To view, please click here.
Survey: To take please click here.
• Broadband Internet access – DSL, satellite, cable or other broadband server
• Color monitor
• Computer speakers/headphones or telephone to listen to audio. You may also listen to audio using your computer speakers or by using a phone to call the conference line.
• The latest Adobe® Flash® Player plugin for your browser. If you don't have the Flash plugin, you can get it here.
• Conduct a systems test: http://bwjp.ilinc.com/perl/ilinc/lms/systest.pl
Privacy and Confidentiality:
Futures Without Violence respects the privacy of all webinar participants. All personal information will remain confidential. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. Name, email and other information provided by a participant will be used appropriately to provide information on related activities including upcoming webinars and other events.
Questions? Please contact Alisha Benjamin.