Consensus Recommendations for Child and Adolescent Health
Revised: Second Edition (August, 2004)
Identifying and Responding to Domestic Violence: Consensus Recommendations for Child and Adolescent Health (2.5MB PDF)
- Designed to assist health care providers from the pediatric and family physician settings in addressing adult and childhood domestic violence victimization.
- Includes assessment, documentation, intervention and referrals.
- These recommendations are the first of their kind to address how to assess children and youth for domestic violence, and specifically offers recommendations on assessing adults for victimization with children present.
- It was developed by Futures Without Violence, formerly Family Violence Prevention Fund's National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence in partnership the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners.
- The Consensus Recommendations for Child and Adolescent Health is an invaluable tool for anyone working with children or youth in a health care setting!
- For hard copies of the guidelines, please call the National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence toll-free: 1-888-Rx-ABUSE, TTY: 800-595-4889 or order online.