DV/SA advocates have been partnering with health providers for years and their efforts have informed many of the resources in this toolkit. Approaches differ depending on the health setting, cultural considerations for specific patient populations as well as capacity of individual programs. See below for lessons from collaborations in public health programs, Indian health programs and hospital/community clinics collaborations.
- Project Connect program summary
- National Health Care Standards Campaign Model Practices from 15 States
- Building Domestic Violence Health Care Responses in Indian Country: A Promising Practices Report
- Innovative Domestic Violence Programs in Health Care Settings
- See setting specific recommendations for tools that can help you reach out to specific programs such as reproductive health, adolescent health and home visitation programs.