The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) calls the abuse of women a pediatric issue. The AAP and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) recognize the importance of improving the physician's ability to recognize IPV as well as child abuse and other forms of family violence.
The Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence worked with the AAP and the AAFP to release these recommendations on how to identify and respond to intimate partner violence in pediatric settings.
- Identifying and Responding to Domestic Violence: Consensus Recommendations for Child and Adolescent Health Settings
For more information on working specifically in adolescent health settings:
For more information from the AAP:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- AAP Clinical Report--Intimate Partner Violence: The Role of the Pediatrician
For information from the AAFP:
Addtional resouces coming soon:
- *Elearning module (Coming soon)
- Pediatric Aces card (Coming soon)
Go back to the chapter: Setting Specific Resources