May 9, 2014
Title: Extended ACA Enrollment Period and Hardship Exemptions for Victims of Domestic Violence
Date: Friday, May 9, 2014
Time: 11:00am-12:30am PDT / 12:00am-1:30pm MDT / 1:00pm-2:30pm CDT / 2:00pm-3:30pm EDT
Description: Did you know that there is a health care enrollment extension for victims of domestic violence until the end of May? This webinar will offer advocates information about the enrollment extension, as well as information about how survivors can access a "hardship" exemption to avoid paying penalties if they are not able to enroll this year.
Please join us to learn more about how you can help your client's access health care or avoid penalties in the future, as well as other genreal health policy updates related to health and domestic violence.
This webinar is being co-sponsored by Futures Without Violence's National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence and the Family Violence Prevention & Services Progra, Family & Youth Services Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. DHHS.
Resources: Here is a list of resources that were mentioned in this webinar.
- Health Cares About IPV www.healthcaresaboutipv.org
- Futures Without Violence materials: www.futureswithoutviolence.org/onlinestore
- HealthCare.gov: www.healthcare.gov
- The Marketplace Call Center: 1-800-318-2596
- For free local, in-person help with enrollment, visit https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/ and enter the zip code for a list of in-person help in your area
- National Immigration Law Center: www.nilc.org/access-to-bens.html
- HealthCare.gov describes the penalty for being uninsured here: https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-i-dont-have-health-coverage/
Questions? Please contact Jeanne-Mairie Duval, email@example.com