March 25, 2013
Title: A Survivor's Journey: Understanding the Health Impact of Abuse and Paths to Promote Wellness
Date & Time: March 25, 2013; 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM PDT (11:00 AM MDT/ 12:00 PM CDT/ 1:00 PM EDT)
Slides: Click Here
Recording: Click Here
Description: This webinar will explore the health impact of abuse from the experience of one survivor of violence, and discover how she learned to become proactive in her healthcare. This webinar is targeted to domestic violence (DV) and sexual assault (SA) advocates and healthcare providers.
This webinar is presented by the National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence with support from the Family Violence Prevention & Services Program, Family & Youth Services Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Speaker: Olga Trujillo, JD, is an independent consultant, nationally renowned speaker, survivor, and attorney dedicated to enhancing understanding of - and building effective responses to - violence against women and children.
Participants will learn about:
- The impact that psychological trauma can have on a survivor’s ability to actively care for her health and wellness.
- The role of advocates and other survivor-focused programs, such as free dental and reconstructive surgery programs, to help improve the healing and wellness of survivors of violence.
- National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- Safety cards/brochures for patients
- More tools and materials
- Futures Without Violence webinars
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACE)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1−800−799−SAFE (7233); TTY 1−800−787−3224
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474; TTY 1-866-331-8453
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
• Broadband Internet access – DSL, satellite, cable or other broadband server
• Color monitor
• Computer speakers/headphones or telephone to listen to audio. You may also listen to audio using your computer speakers or by using a phone to call the conference line.
• The latest Adobe® Flash® Player plugin for your browser. If you don't have the Flash plugin, you can get it here.
• Conduct a systems test: http://futureswithoutviolence.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Privacy and Confidentiality:
Futures Without Violence respects the privacy of all webinar participants. All personal information will remain confidential. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. Name, email and other information provided by a participant will be used appropriately to provide information on related activities including upcoming webinars and other events.
Questions? Please contact Vedalyn DeGuzman.