Aging with Respect: A Framework for Addressing Intimate Partner Violence in Older Adults Learning Collaborative
Title: Aging with Respect: A Framework for Addressing Intimate Partner Violence in Older Adults Learning Collaborative
- Tuesday April 20th from 9-10amPST/10-11amMST/11-12pmCST/12-1 EST
- Thursday May 6th from 9-10amPST/10-11amMST/11-12pmCST/12-1PM EST
- Tuesday May 18th from 9-10amPST/10-11amMST/11-12pmCST/12-1PM EST
- Thursday June 3rd from 9-10amPST/10-11amMST/11-12pmCST/12-1 EST
Description: Intimate partner violence (IPV) in later life is often undetected by healthcare providers, in part due to misconceptions and the complexity of elder mistreatment. This learning collaborative will review the various forms of abuse and discuss approaches for successful prevention and interventions that focus on safety and wellness for older adult patients.
- Understand how IPV assessment and response fits into screening initiatives for the social determinants of health
- Develop patient-centered counseling approaches tailored for older adults in harmful or unsafe relationships
- Identify strategies for building sustainable partnerships between health centers and community-based domestic violence programs and other service providers
Intended Audience: Health center providers and staff who care for older adults; domestic violence program staff
How to apply: Apply by 5pm EST on April 16, 2021. Online application can be found here: https://ece.hsdm.harvard.edu/aging-respect-framework-addressing-intimate-partner-violence-older-adults-learning-collaborative .
Questions?: Please email email@example.com