Collaborative Strategies and Tools to Meet the Needs of Survivors of Human Trafficking
Title: Collaborative Strategies and Tools to Meet the Needs of Survivors of Human Trafficking
Date: August 22, 2019
Closed captioning script (coming soon)
This webinar will highlight collaborative work undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams across the U.S. to support domestic and sexual violence and human trafficking (DV/SA/HT) survivors. Presenters will share how their partnerships or task forces were initiated; strategies to enhance client services and case coordination; and tools and training opportunities to build or expand collaborative responses for HT survivors across communities and states. The webinar will share lessons learned from a community-based DV/SA/HT advocacy program, a law enforcement-led program, and a statewide task force operated by the Attorney General’s Office. It will also feature technical assistance and training resources offered by Futures Without Violence. Time will be included for audience question/answer and discussion.
After the webinar, participants will be better able to:
- Define the unique service needs HT victims that differ from domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Identify community and state-wide strategies to develop new collaborations or expand existing networks to support survivors of HT.
- Clarify multidisciplinary professional and organizational roles in coordinating services for trafficked survivors.
- Utilize resources to help build or expand multi-disciplinary teams and task forces to support survivors of HT.
- Mónica Arenas, Program Manager, Futures Without Violence
- Elynne Greene, MA, Manager, Victim Services & Human Trafficking, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and head of the Southern Nevada Human Trafficking Task Force
- Anna Marjavi, Program Director, Futures Without Violence
- Kathryn Moorehead, Director of VAWA and Human Trafficking Programs/ Coordinator of the SC Human Trafficking Task Force, South Carolina Office of the Attorney General
- Katie Spriggs, BSW, Executive Director, Eastern Panhandle Empowerment Center, Martinsburg, WV
OVW grantees, sub grantees, and potential grantees, advocacy staff, multidisciplinary teams and programs interested in initiating task forces or new collaborations to support survivors of human trafficking, including: Executive Directors, Program Directors/Managers/Coordinators, and Client Advocates.
Questions? Please contact Mónica Arenas at email@example.com.
This webinar is part of a project entitled Building Collaborative Responses Project, supported by the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.
This project is supported by Grant No. 2015-TA-AX-K029, awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.