Futures Without Violence Partners with “Happy Never After” Comedians
Bike. Laugh. Heal.
Futures Without Violence (FUTURES) is proud to partner with comedians Mara Marek and Andrew Collin (co-hosts of the popular podcast “Happy Never After”) to fight domestic violence and sexual assault.
The comedians will set off on a 60 day + 60 comedy shows, cross-country bike tour in an effort to raise $1 million to prevent domestic violence and support survivors on their journey to safety, health, and laughter.
For more than 30 years, FUTURES has been providing groundbreaking programs, policies, and campaigns that empower individuals and organizations working to end violence against women and children around the world.
Your gift means we can continue to:
- foster ongoing dialogue about gender-based violence and child abuse
- reach new audiences and transform social norms
- train professionals such as doctors, nurses, judges, and athletic coaches on improving responses to violence and abuse
- work with advocates, policymakers, and others to build sustainable community leadership
- educate people everywhere about the importance of respect and healthy relationships
About Mara Marek and Andrew Collin
Mara, originally from Michigan, started comedy as well as trained as an endurance athlete in Southern California. She moved to New York to continue with comedy and up her cycling training to carry her co-host in a side cart.
New York City comedian Andrew Collin is originally from Florida. He started his comedy career in Palm Beach, before relocating to New York. He hosts the monthly show, “It’s a Long Story,” at the Upright Citizens Brigade. He loves working out and can’t ride a bike that well.
More details coming soon!