Financial Exploitation and Abuse of Older Adults: Building Court-Community Collaborations
Title: Financial Exploitation and Abuse of Older Adults: Building Court-Community Collaborations
Date: October 22, 2018
Time: 12:00pm – 1:30pm Eastern Standard Time
- To view a recording of the webinar, click here.
- To download the PPT for the webinar, click here.
- To access an online transcript of the webinar, click here.
- To download the chat box transcript, click here.
- To view the STAGES Pilot Institute Application, click here.
Futures Without Violence, in collaboration with the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges, and through a grant from the Office for Victims of Crime, U.S. Department of Justice, will host a webinar to address how courts and communities can work together to enhance response to financial exploitation and abuse of older adults. This webinar will also provide information about our upcoming, two-day pilot institute for judges, court staff and community members to address financial exploitation and abuse of older adults on January 9-10, 2018 in Charlottesville, VA (pending DOJ approval).
We are currently accepting teams of 3-5 for this pilot training. Join us virtually to learn more about the upcoming pilot training and about collaborating to address abuse against older adults. In addition to providing information about financial exploitation and abuse of older adults and tips for successful collaborations, the staff will answer questions about the application and selection process for the pilot institute.
After the webinar, participants will be better able to:
- Identify the benefits of cross-training and multi-disciplinary collaboration between courts, judges and community allies in order to serve older adult victims of financial exploitation and elder abuse
- Engage with stakeholders to commence and/or improve communication and collaboration to enhance the response to older adult victims of financial exploitation and elder abuse
- Hon. Karen Howze – Judge-in-Residence – National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
- Art Mason – Elder Abuse Prevention Program Director – Lifespan of Greater Rochester, Inc.
- Jennifer White – Program Director for Curriculum Development and Program Design– Futures Without Violence
- Eesha Bhave – Program Specialist – Futures Without Violence (Moderator)
Please contact Eesha Bhave at email@example.com.
This project is supported by Grant No. 2017-VF-GX-K132, awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime.