Supporting Family Resiliency through Relationships with Animals Part 1: Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T)®- A global life-saving initiative for survivors of domestic violence
Part 1: Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T)®– A global life-saving initiative for survivors of domestic violence
This webinar is first in a three-part series. To learn more about Supporting Family Resiliency through Relationships with Animals and register for Parts 2 and 3, please click here.
Wednesday, April 7th, 12-1:30pm PST / 3-4:30pm EST
This dialogue will be recorded and closed-captioned. The slides, recording and transcript will be posted here.
Click here to view the webinar slides (PDF)
Click here to view the closed-captioned Zoom webinar recording
In Part 1 of this webinar series, the presenter will discuss the research supporting the need for pet-friendly housing and how preserving the human-animal bond can help survivors heal. Additionally, the presenter will explore the 4 different SAF-T Program® housing models and discuss strategies to receive and secure financial support for sheltering animals. Other topics will include: allergy concerns when sheltering animals, fear of pets and lack of space for pet housing.
Part 1 Learning Objectives:
- Understand the research regarding families with pets experiencing domestic violence and barriers to safety.
- Learn 4 different pet-friendly housing models, common concerns and successful implementation.
- Learn how to financially implement and sustain a pet-housing program.
- Learn how to handle common concerns such as pet allergies, fear of pets, objections from staff/residents.
- Allie Phillips, Animal Protection & Human-Animal Interaction Attorney Founder & CEO, Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T)® (Lansing, MI)
- Wendy Mota, Program Manager, Children & Youth Program, Futures Without Violence
Click here to view additional resources on the Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T)® website
Click here to download Start-Up Manual – Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T)®
Questions? Accessibility Needs? Please contact Anima Shrestha at email@example.com.
These webinars are supported by Grant Number 90EV0434 from the Administration on Children, Youth and Families, Family and Youth Services Bureau, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Points expressed in this webinar series are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the official positions or policies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.