Trauma Informed Care: The Role of the Health Care Provider
Title: Trauma Informed Care: The Role of the Health Care Provider
- This webinar is no longer available through Futures Without Violence. However, to view similar, relevant recordings visit the National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma and Mental Health’s website to access their webinar archive.
Date Recorded: January 25, 2013
- Understand the relationship between a history of trauma and mental health and concurrent chronic health disorders.
- Learn how programs and services can be designed to be more supportive, avoid re-traumatization, address the consequences of trauma in the individual, and facilitate healing.
- Rochelle Hanson, PhD Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina
- Mary Margaret Gleason, MD, FAAP Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology; Assistant Professor of Pediatrics; Co-clinical Director of Early Childhood Support and Services, Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University School of Medicine
- Carole Warshaw, MD Director, National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health; Executive Director, Domestic Violence & Mental Health Policy Initiative