Defending Childhood Website Launch: New Innovations for Addressing Children’s Exposure to Violence
Title: Defending Childhood Website Launch: New Innovations for Addressing Children’s Exposure to Violence
Date Recorded: Wednesday, June 24th, 2015
Description: Futures Without Violence and the Department of Justice have partnered in the creation of a new Defending Childhood Website. The purpose of the website is to create a platform for sharing and highlighting new resources and tools, as well as access to information about the most current and transformative innovations in addressing children’s exposure to violence. This webinar will walk participants through the key features of the website and highlight innovators from the health and public health fields who are changing the lives of children exposed to violence.
- To increase knowledge about Defending Childhood Initiative Resources on the recently launched website.
- To highlight current innovations and practices for addressing and children’s exposure to violence.
- Renée Boynton-Jarrett, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine.
- Nicole Daley, Director Start Strong Initiative, Division of Violence Prevention, Boston Public Health Commission
- Mynaja Ferguson, Start Strong Peer Leaders
- Yesenia Gorbea, Public Education Campaigns & Programs, Futures Without Violence