When deciding to issue a public statement, there are a number of key factors we seriously consider as we strive to avoid redundancies and add value that positively drives the national conversation forward.
Most recently, our collective national dialogue around issues of race, immigration, and violence are paramount. We at FUTURES work in the face of dangerous dialogue that can too often damage and distract from advancing our core values of compassion, respect, and equity that we hold so dear.
Thank you for continuing to be, stand, and move forward with us.
FUTURES Public Statements
- Taliban’s Broken Promise to Educate Girls Is Cruel and Heartbreaking for Girls, Families, and for Afghanistan’s Future
- A Good Day for the Country, As President Biden Signs the Violence Against Women Act Into Law
- Violence Prevention Leader Calls Biden Administration’s Proposed Investment in Advancing
Gender Equity Worldwide a ‘Meaningful, Momentous Move’
- Leading Violence Prevention Group Condemns Texas Move to Mis-Classify Medical Treatment for Transgender Youth as Child Abuse, Calling It Hate-Mongering Disguised as Child Protection
- Country Needs U.S. Senate to Quickly Pass Violence Against Women Act, Introduced Today
- House Passage of Build Back Better Act a Major Step in Making Families, Communities Safer and Healthier, Supporting Survivors of Violence and Abuse – Now Senate Must Pass Bill as Well
- Following Testimony from Gymnasts, Senate Must Pass Violence Against Women Act
- Survivors of Violence and Abuse Will Get Life-Saving Services Because Senate Passed VOCA Fix Act Today
- Mass Murders in San Jose Another Horrifying Reminder of the Need to Keep Guns Away from Abusers
- Chauvin Conviction Just and Consequential. Ending Racism and Systemic Inequity Must Continue.
- Brutal Murders in Atlanta Are a Painful Reminder: We Need to Stop Misogyny, Anti-Asian and Anti-Women Hate Crimes, and Gun Violence
- Passage of Violence Against Women Act in House of Representatives Is An Important Step to Make Our Country Safer, But the Senate Must Act as Well
- Passage of Violence Against Women Act, Introduced in House of Representatives Yesterday, Is Essential to Making Our Country Safer and Supporting Survivors of Violence and Abuse
- Speedy Passage of VOCA Fix Act, Introduced in House and Senate Today, Is Essential to Fund Life-Saving Services for Survivors of Violence and Abuse
- A Historic Choice, at a Historic Moment: Kamala Harris has made the prevention of violence and childhood trauma a priority throughout her career. Read our statement here.
- Statement on Harvey Weinstein Sentencing