Supporting Organizational Sustainability Training
The Supporting Organizational Sustainability to Address Violence Against Women Institute (SOS Institute) offers resources, technical assistance support, and an interactive, multi-day training to help U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women grantees, partner organizations, and community-based organizations, enhance their programming organizational infrastructure and capacity.
Started in 2010, the SOS Institute has a national focus, targeting community-based organizations responding to all forms of violence against women, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
SOS Institute Goal
The overarching goal of the SOS Institute is to provide participants with core organizational competency through workshops, webinars, and tools that enhance their skills and improve their knowledge to maintain and sustain their organizations.
SOS Topic Areas on organizational development and capacity building include (but are not limited to):
- Mission, core values, and organizational culture
- Tools for strategic planning and short and long term planning, to better serve domestic violence and sexual assault victims
- Tools for board recruitment, development and engagement
- Staff leadership ability, professional growth, and wellness
- Communication, both internal and external
- Collaboration to maximize and share resources
- Action planning for future organizational development
Two SOS Institutes and several webinars will be offered in the next two years.
Interactive, multi-day Institute, in person training, taking place in May 2019.
For information, resources, or technical assistance support, please contact Futures Without Violence, Attention: Mónica Arenas, E-mail: email@example.com
Webinars and resources on organizational capacity building, organized by FUTURES:
- Workplace Policies and How they Support or Contradict Core Values
- Providing Support Through Organizational Transitions
- Succession Planning Within Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Organizations
- Compassion Fatigue & Self-Care for Individuals and Organizations
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- The Benefits of Mentorship: Empower, Lead, Succeed in Organizations Serving Survivors of Violence
- Navigating Fund Development Strategies During Transition
- Overview of Nonprofit Digital Strategy
- Assembling the Pieces: Tools to Build an Effective Board
- Measuring Trauma-Informed Practice: Tools for Organizations
- Secondary Traumatic Stress