National Capacity Building Center to Expand Services for Children, Youth, and Abused Parents Impacted by Domestic Violence
Our vision is a world free of violence, where all children and families have everything they need to thrive.
We partner with communities to improve responses to family violence.
Funded by FVPSA as a National Capacity Building Center under the Domestic Violence Resource Network in 2016 and again in 2021, Promising Futures, a project of FUTURES, provides free technical assistance and support to the network of domestic violence state coalitions, local community-based programs, and other child serving systems on enhancing services for families impacted by domestic violence. Grounded in the Promising Futures Guiding Principles, our work focuses on building the organizational structures and services that create the conditions and experiences that help families thrive. Promising Futures is the primary technical assistance provider to the FVPSA-funded Specialized Services for Abused Parents and their Children (SSAPC) demonstration grantees and the field through:
- Facilitating a learning community;
- Technical assistance and training;
- Developing new resources and tools for the field;
- Growing the research within evidence-based, trauma-informed, culturally relevant practices for children and youth impacted by domestic violence; and
- Supporting best practices in evaluation and documenting lessons learned.
The newly revamped Promising Futures Capacity Building Website is designed to help domestic violence programs and child serving systems to build their capacity to implement effective programs and policies to improve outcomes for parent and child survivors impacted by family violence. The website features the latest tools and resources to enhance programming, hosts emerging innovations in the field, includes a robust clearinghouse of evidence-informed programs and has a robust resource library
The website is organized into three major categories –
1) Designing & Innovating Solutions
2) Strategies for Healing & Strengthening Families
3) Policy Changes to Help Families Thrive
Visit the Promising Futures website now!