Promising Futures: Capacity Assessment for DV/SV Programs for Supporting Children, Youth, and Parents
Title: Promising Futures: Capacity Assessment for DV/SV Programs for Supporting Children, Youth, and Parents
Date Recorded: April 13, 2016
- See the webinar recording
- Download the webinar slides
- Download the closed captioning transcript
- Download the “Children/Teen Programming and Supporting Parents Capacity Assessment for DV/SV Programs” document
Description: This webinar will provide an overview of the Promising Futures: Best Practices for Serving Children, Youth, and Parents Experiencing Domestic Violence website and related tools. The webinar will also discuss a new tool developed by the Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence that can help domestic violence and sexual assault programs assess their capacity and programming related to supporting parents and their children. This tool will help programs assess and reflect on opportunities for growth and development in their services and is currently being implemented in four rural programs in Vermont.
- Be familiar with the Promising Futures website and related tools that are available for domestic violence programs
- Understand the benefits and challenges of proving coordinated comprehensive services for children/youth and their mothers within domestic violence programs
- Implement strategies to examine or re-examine program philosophies, core values, policies, and practice through the lens of providing holistic services for mothers and their children
- Understand the role of advocates and program leadership in building program capacity to provide these services
- Amy Torchia, Vermont Network Against Domestic & Sexual Violence
- Mie Fukuda, Futures Without Violence
This webinar is part of a webinar series on how domestic violence programs can enhance their work with survivors of domestic violence and their children by using evidence-based and promising practices. For the webinar series flyer, click here.
Questions? Please contact Mie Fukuda at email@example.com.