Integrating Behavioral Health Approaches to Address Gender, Violence and Homelessness
Title: Integrating Behavioral Health Approaches to Address Gender, Violence and Homelessness
Date: Friday, May 14, 2021
Watch the recording.
Download PDF slides.
Download handouts: HRSA UDS measures on IPV/HT for health centers, “Safe Harbor” information related to minors, Responding to Mental Health and Substance Use Coercion, EHR modules that are gender expansive, to find a HCH Program near you, CUES infographic, Safe Places to Rest Your Head Safety Card, Building Fruitful Partnerships Handout, Survivors of Trauma Brochure.
Description: Futures Without Violence and The National Health Care for the Homeless Council are excited to offer a national webinar addressing gender, homelessness and a constellation of intersecting issues including substance use disorder, mental health, homelessness, human trafficking (HT) and interpersonal violence (IPV). We will highlight strategies to strengthen the connections between health centers and the community partners who offer supportive services to IPV and HT survivors and build providers’ skills on providing universal education about healthy relationships. We recognize that this work is challenging, powerful, and at times overwhelming, so we will also offer strategies for staff as they navigate toward healing centered engagement. This webinar will include a panel of people with lived experience navigating service challenges. This discussion will include conversations about the ways health centers have been able to successfully engage with panelists and ways that health centers and domestic violence programs have created barriers to care.
- Anna Marjavi, She/her/hers, Director, Health Partners on IPV & Exploitation, Futures Without Violence
- Surabhi Kukke, MPH, She/her/hers, Consultant, Health Partners on IPV & Exploitation, Futures Without Violence
- Rebecca Levenson, MA, She/her/hers, Consultant, Health Partners on IPV & Exploitation, Futures Without Violence
- Kelli Klein, BA, She/her/hers, Clinical Coordinator, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Courtney Pladsen, DNP, FNP-BC, RN, She/her/hers, Director of Clinical and Quality Improvement, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Subject Matter Experts:
- Heather Walker-McConihe, she/her, Peer Support/Recovery Coach, Greater Portland Health, Portland, Maine
- Alesha Alexcee, she/her/they/them, Research Project Associate Chapin Hall, University of Chicago
- Tycelin Champagne, she/her, Peer and Outreach Worker, Austin, TX
Please email: email@example.com