Without intervention, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) can create long-term physical, mental, and behavioral risks.
The good news is, healthcare providers have a unique opportunity to prevent and respond to ACEs in clinical settings, using evidence-based tools and trauma-informed strategies that promote family resiliency.
Futures Without Violence is a grantee of the ACEs Aware initiative, providing Core and Supplemental training that enables Medi-Cal providers to earn an ACEs Aware certification, allowing them to bill for ACE screening.
Note: This training series NOT limited to California providers, we welcome anyone interested in learning more about ACEs to attend!
There are three pathways to certification:
OPTION 1: *New Option for June 2022* Particpiate in the live CORE training series, which includes listening to the pre-recorded training session and attending the two live sessions, reviewing all associated materials and completing the Evaluation Form;
- Session 1 (pre-recorded): Addressing ACEs and Toxic Stress: Understanding CUES to Support Families and Patients
- Session 2: Increasing Staff Capacity: Trauma-Informed Care Begins with Health Care Providers & Staff (Must watch either June 2022 or November 2021 Sessions 2 &3)
- Session 3: Equity & Trauma-Informed Practices Are Essential to Our ACE Work With Families
**Please note that Evaluations must be completed for Sessions 2&3 in order to receive credit for training. Please take evaluation that corresponds with the Session you watched, either June 2022 or November 2021.**
OPTION 2: Review ACES Aware Core training handout before attending or participating in the SUPPLEMENTAL series, which includes attending/viewing three SUPPLEMENTAL trainings, reviewing all associated materials and completing the Evaluation Form.
- Session 1 (on-demand): Engaging People Who Use Intimate Partner Violence
- Session 2 (on-demand): Systems Change and Partnership Recommendations
- Session 3 (on-demand): Universal Education for DV/IPV- Considerations for Implementation and Reimbursement
- Complete the Core Training Evaluation Form here.
ACEs Aware Provider Engagement Session Recordings and Materials:
- Session 1 (on-demand): Screening Adolescents for ACEs: Developmental Considerations
- Session 2 (on-demand): Understanding and Addressing Intimate Partner Violence in Health Care Settings
Questions? Contact email@example.com