Without intervention, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) can create long-term physical, mental, and behavioral risks.
The good news is, healthcare providers have a unique opportunity to prevent and respond to ACEs in clinical settings, using evidence-based tools and trauma-informed strategies that promote family resiliency.
Futures Without Violence is a grantee of the ACEs Aware initiative, providing Core and Supplemental training that enables Medi-Cal providers to earn an ACEs Aware certification, allowing them to bill for ACE screening.
Note: This training series NOT limited to California providers, we welcome anyone interested in learning more about ACEs to attend!
Watch the recordings for ACEs Aware Core Training:
- Session 1 (on-demand): Addressing ACEs and Toxic Stress: Understanding CUES to Support Families and Patients
- Session 2 (November 15 1pmPST): Increasing Staff Capacity: Trauma-Informed Care Begins with Health Care Providers & Staff
- Session 3 (November 17 1pmPST): Equity & Trauma-Informed Practices Are Essential to Our ACE Work With Families
Participants must attend all three sessions, review all materials, and complete all registration and evaluation forms in order to receive ACEs Aware certification. Review materials here.
- Monday, November 29, 2021 at 1pmPST: “Engaging People Who Use Intimate Partner Violence”
- Monday, December 6, 2021 at 1pmPST: “Systems Change and Partnership Recommendations”
- Monday, December 13, 2021 at 1pmPST: “Universal Education for DV/IPV- Considerations for Implementation and Reimbursement”
Register Now for ACEs Aware Provider Engagement Sessions:
- Wednesday December 1, 2021 at 1pmPST: “Screening Adolescents for ACEs: Developmental Considerations”
- Wednesday December 8, 2021 at 1pmPST: “Understanding and Addressing Intimate Partner Violence in Health Care Settings”
Questions? Contact email@example.com