Coalition Working Group on Health
In partnership with state domestic and sexual violence coalitions across the country, the National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence convenes the Coalition Working Group on Health. This working group meets to advance public health approaches to addressing domestic and sexual violence and share strategies and innovations for building partnerships between healthcare and survivor advocacy organizations.
Working group priorities:
- Promoting prevention and public health approaches to violence.
- Reducing structural barriers to healthcare for survivors.
- Enhancing the continuum of care for survivors and their families.
Working group strategies:
- Utilizing American Rescue Plan funding to engage survivor advocacy organizations in efforts to promote health and wellness for survivors and mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
- Advancing federal and state policy that promotes the health and wellness of survivors and their families.
- Promoting sustainable and robust partnerships between health and survivor advocacy organizations.
- Developing strategies for reimbursement for survivor advocacy services.
- Disseminating tools and resources that address the intersections of health and violence.
Are you working on health/public health focused projects at a state anti-violence coalition and are interested in participating in the Coalition Working Group on Health? Email Kate Vander Tuig at email@example.com.