Assembling the Pieces: Tools to Build an Effective Board
Title: Assembling the Pieces: Tools to Build an Effective Board
Date: Tuesday, April 26th, 2016, 10:00-11:30 am PST
- Watch the recording here.
- Download the slides here.
- Download the closed captioning transcription here.
The Board of Directors plays an important role in organizational success and this 90 minute webinar provides a 7-step approach to building and sustaining an impactful Board of Directors. Best practices for recruiting, ongoing board engagement, along with skills-building in fundraising, establishing a plan of work, staff/board communications, term limits, and orientation are a few topics to be covered!
Learning objectives: As a result of this webinar, participants will be better able to:
- Identify key strategies and best practices to build an effective board of directors.
- Develop actionable strategies for retaining and effective board of directors.
- Amy Sanchez, Chief Executive Officer at Break the Cycle
- Isabel Rubio, Executive Director at Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama (¡HICA!)
- Mónica Arenas, Senior Program Specialist at Futures Without Violence