Join us for Health Cares About Domestic Violence Day 2018!
Title: How are Health Care Providers and DV Advocates Working Together? A #HCADVDay #DVAM Webinar
Date: Wednesday, October 10th, 2018
Time: 11:30am-1:00pm PT/12:30pm-2:00 MT/1:30pm-3:00 CT/2:30pm-4:00 ET
Join us on Health Cares About Domestic Violence Day (HCADV Day)—an annual day to raise awareness about the critical role of health care and domestic violence/sexual assault (DV/SA) agencies to promote survivor health and safety outcomes. Gather your healthcare staff and DV advocate colleagues to learn more about establishing or expanding your own partnerships, and how to implement the evidence-based “CUES” intervention to address violence and trauma and promote healthy relationships. Universal education provides an opportunity for clients to make the connection between violence, health problems, and risk behaviors and promote their safety options. This webinar will also highlight free resources and tools from FUTURES’ National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence.
As a result of attending this webinar, participants will be better able to:
- Define “CUES” an evidence-based intervention for addressing domestic and sexual violence in diverse health settings.
- Know how any health settings and DV/SA advocacy organizations can initiate or build upon their collaborative partnerships.
- Utilize IPVhealth.org and IPVHealthPartners.org, two online toolkits for everything health systems and DV/SA advocates need to promote survivor safety and health.
- Download or order multi-lingual tools offered by FUTURES’ National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence
Resources discussed on the webinar:
- www.ipvhealth.org: Everything you need to address domestic violence and sexual assault in all health settings and promote survivor health and wellness at domestic violence advocacy agencies.
- www.IPVHealthPartners.org: A step-by-step toolkit developed for and by community health centers aimed at establishing and expanding partnerships between health centers and domestic violence advocacy agencies.
- Futures Without Violence e-commerce store
Graciela Oguin, Futures Without Violence
Judy Chang, MD University of Pittsburgh Magee Women’s Reseach Institute
Janice Goldsborough, MS Women’s Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
Please contact Graciela Olguin at email@example.com