Open Enrollment: How the Affordable Care Act can help patients experiencing domestic and interpersonal violence
Date: Thursday, November 19th 2015
Time: 2:00pm-3:30pm EST, 1:00pm-2:30pm CT, 12:00am-1:30pm MT, 11:00am-12:30am PDT
Did you know:
- Open Enrollment is now! November 1st, 2015 – January 31st, 2016.
- Survivors of domestic violence (DV) can now apply for and enroll in health insurance coverage through the federal Marketplace (gov) at any time during the year. They do not need to wait for Open Enrollment to begin. This Special Enrollment Period (SEP) is available to anyone who has experienced DV.
- There are many health insurance options—and significant financial help is available?
- Screening and counseling for domestic violence are now covered benefits as a result of the Affordable Care Act?
- There are regulations that clarify how married victims of domestic violence and their dependents can qualify for financial help when they apply for health insurance or apply for a hardship exemption if needed?
Join this webinar to hear key steps and strategies for how to help clients enroll in healthcare and understand the domestic violence provisions in the Affordable Care Act.
- Lena O’Rourke, O’Rourke Health Policy Strategies
- Kate Vander Tuig, Futures Without Violence
Tools and Resources: