We Believe Moms Matter: Enhancing Child Welfare Responses to Mother Experiencing Domestic Violence
Title: We Believe Moms Matter: Enhancing Child Welfare Responses to Mothers Experience Domestic Violence
Date Recorded: August 24, 2016
This webinar will introduce a new safety card for child welfare workers to use with mothers experiencing domestic violence. The webinar will include practice strategies for child welfare workers on how to partner and educate mothers/female caregivers about the impact of childhood trauma and domestic violence on themselves and parenting. The presenters will also discuss strategies for collaboration between domestic violence programs and child welfare agencies.
By the end of this webinar participants will be better able to:
- Use the We Believe Moms Matter card as an engagement and educational tool with mothers involved with the child protection system
- Describe elements of safe and effective practice for CPS cases involving intimate partner violence.
- Value active collaboration between CPS staff and providers of services related to intimate partner violence.
- Shellie Taggart, Futures Without Violence
- Leiana Kinnicutt, Futures Without Violence
- Amanda Kay, JD, National Council Juvenile and Family Judges