Organizing a Community-Based Response To Domestic Violence: The Filipino Experience
Using the Filipino community as a model, this publication serves as a guide to organizing immigrant communities against violence in the home. It chronicles the establishment of outreach and education efforts that involve survivors and others as leaders in the community.
Each chapter’s “Lessons Learned” section summarizes key components to developing a successful community-based response to domestic violence. Also included is a “how-to” guide for putting together a community-based conference on domestic violence.
You will also find information on:
- History of a Filipina Advisory Committee
- Leadership development skills
- Basic information on domestic violence dynamics
- Understanding the Filipino community
- Working with the media
- Workshop facilitation
- Planning a conference
- Sample skits on domestic violence
- Power and control wheel