FUTURES incorporated in California in 1989 as a nonprofit public benefit corporation. We pioneer new strategies to end violence against women and children in the United States and around the world, because everyone has the right to live free of violence. We’ve consistently received the highest four-star rating from Charity Navigator, a trusted guide for intelligent giving.
We receive support from private foundations, government, corporations, and individual donors allowing for groundbreaking work. Please refer to the graphs below for our activities in 2016.
With a generous $7.5M Matching Grant from The Ford Foundation, FUTURES established an endowment to support current and future programs. Authorized by the Board of Directors, the Investment Advisory Committee oversees and monitors endowment investment funds in accordance with the Investment Policy.
In alignment of our mission and activities, we are committed to invest in “socially responsible” funds and companies that achieve high standards of employee rights, promote women-owned business and leadership, and follow sound environmental practices measured by Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria.
ESG Spectrum Categories:
- Access to Basic Needs & Services: Providing the means to achieve long-term well-being including food, water, shelter, clothing, energy, and financial services
- Justice & Equality: Supporting fair and equitable access to economic, political, and social rights and opportunities
- Livelihood & Opportunity: Providing the means to make a living and secure a source of income
- Better Business Practices: Focusing on companies that are pursuing improved ESG practices and processes
- Business Practices Improvement: Actively engaging with companies to improve and deepen EST performance and impact over time
Below you will find our financial statements. For further information, please contact our Finance Department at (415) 678-5506.