FUTURES incorporated in California in 1989 as a nonprofit public benefit corporation. We pioneer new strategies to end violence against women and children in the United States and around the world, because everyone has the right to live free of violence. We’ve consistently received the highest four-star rating from Charity Navigator, a trusted guide for intelligent giving.
We receive support from private foundations, government, corporations, and individual donors allowing for groundbreaking work. Please refer to the graphs below for our activities in 2015.
With a generous $7.5M Matching Grant from The Ford Foundation, FUTURES established an endowment to support current and future programs. Authorized by the Board of Directors, the Investment Advisory Committee oversees and monitors endowment investment funds in accordance with the Investment Policy.
In alignment of our mission and activities, we are committed to invest in “socially responsible” funds and companies that achieve high standards of employee rights, promote women-owned business and leadership, and follow sound environmental practices measured by Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria.
ESG Spectrum Categories:
- Sustainability 5.0 – Impact investing & mission related investing, also known as ‘community investing’, intended to seek positive social impact(s).
- Sustainability 4.0 – Shareholder dialogue and engagement enables use of ownership rights to directly influence corporate boards and management.
- Sustainability 3.0 – Promotional screening that actively seeks out companies that demonstrate leadership with respect to ESG criteria
- Sustainability 2.0 – Best of class screening looks for companies that demonstrate leadership in their sector as the best representative.
- Sustainability 1.0 – Negative screening that avoids investing in companies engaged in the manufacturing and/or sale of products or violates human rights.
Below you will find our financial statements. For further information, please contact our Finance Department at (415) 678-5506.