Organizational Resiliency in Managing Challenges within Survivor-Serving Organizations
Title: Organizational Resiliency in Managing Challenges within Survivor-Serving Organizations
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Time: 11:00 AM PST/ 12:00 MST, 1:00 CST, 2:00 PM EST (90 min)
*Closed Captioning will be provided
Leaders within domestic violence and sexual assault organizations are often tasked with leading and managing challenges due to transitions, natural disasters, health emergencies, and financial crises, among others. Now more than ever, organizations are grappling with a panoply of needs and concerns amidst great uncertainty. Organizations that concentrate on leadership and operational practices that strengthen collective resilience can learn and grow from these experiences and thereby serve communities better. This roundtable will include a facilitated peer exchange and panel discussions to share strategies to help build and sustain organizational resiliency.
As a result of this webinar, you will be better able to:
- Recognize the science of resilience to help mitigate or buffer the effects of stress and trauma.
- Discuss resiliency strategies to lead during uncertainty, change, and the current health crisis.
- Identify leadership and organizational capacities that foster resiliency within a DV/SA organization.
- Utilize tools and resources to manage change, challenges and build resiliency.
Who should participate?
Executive Directors, Program Directors/Managers/Coordinators, Supervisors, and Team Leaders in OVW funded projects.
- Rachel Valentine, Executive Director, Orange County Rape Crisis Center
- Gretta Gardner, Deputy Director, Ujima Inc.
- Cherrise Picard, Executive Director, Chez Hope Inc.
- Tien Ung, PhD, Program Director, Impact & Learning, Futures Without Violence
- Jennifer White, JD, Program Director for Curriculum Development & Program Design, Futures Without Violence
To learn more about the presenters, visit Brief Overview of Presenters.
Questions? Please contact Monica Arenas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is supported by Grant No. 2015-TA-AX-K047, awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.