Succession Planning within Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Organizations, Part 2
Title: Succession Planning within Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Organizations, Part 2
Date: Thursday, October 3rd, 2019
Leadership transitions can be challenging. For non-profit organizations to succeed, it is essential to think critically about the long-term leadership needs of the organization and to prepare for leadership transitions. Presenters will discuss key elements of a departure defined (planned) succession plan, and describe a process to plan for leadership transition within a domestic violence/sexual assault organization. The webinar will also showcase the experience of succession planning and on boarding process of an executive director in an organization that serves survivors of gender-based violence. We will share planning tools and resources and provide a question-answer period.
As a result of this webinar, participants will be better able to:
- Identify key elements of a departure defined (planned) leadership succession.
- Apply lessons learned from a real life example of succession planning to your own organizational decision-making.
- Utilize critical tools and resources for succession planning.
- Margarita Guzman, Executive Director, Violence Intervention Project
- Janeen Gingrich, Marquis-Duggan Non-Profit Solutions
- Jennifer White and Monica Arenas, Futures Without Violence (Moderators)
Note: This is the second part of the first webinar on Succession Planning within Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Organizations, held in 2018.
Questions? Please contact Monica Arenas at email@example.com.
This project is supported by Grant No. 2015-TA-AX-K047, awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.